Chief of Staff
- - Administration
- Full Time
- We offer 80% employer-paid medical and dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, 10 days PTO in first year, 11 paid holidays, 403B retirement plan with up to 6% matching
TITLE: Chief of Staff
PROFILE SOURCE: Administrative / Development Professional
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas is a fast-paced environment. The organization serves over 10,000 youth in 29 facilities across Central Texas. The Chief of Staff will be navigating and prioritizing competing demands and initiatives concurrently.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief of Staff will work closely with the organization's leadership team and is responsible for the tactical planning and operational implementation of the organization's strategic plan.
Lead Business Operations:
• Clearly define and articulate key performance indicators to measure and improve employee performance
• Collaborate with executive leadership team and operational staff to develop, monitor, and continuously improve program delivery and operational experience
• Analyze community financial reporting and support area directors with completing monthly financial analysis, including actual revenue and expenditures, and developing a strategic plan for fundraising
• Visit all BGCTX facilities regularly and collaborate with executive leadership team to identify areas for improvement in safety, program quality, training and the implementation of policies and procedures
• Support area directors with effectively navigating safety and crisis situations
• Motivate and serve as a role model to youth, staff, and stakeholders
• Recommend efficient and effective improvements to processes
• Lead and support projects and initiatives on behalf of the executive leadership team, coordinating teams, establishing timelines, and monitoring progress to ensure successful and timely implementation
• Ensure critical deadlines are met and that project timetables are adhered to or adjusted as needed.
• Provide progress updates on all projects to executive leadership team
• Communicate anticipated barriers to project completion with potential solutions to the executive leadership team in a timely manner.
Support Executive Team:
• Routinely provide the executive leadership team with detailed operational analysis
• Support and facilitate the leadership team in communicating vision, mission, program management, organizational changes, fundraising goals and progress, and initiative implementations throughout the organization
• Participate in organizational activities and community events that build and maintain good public relations
• Prepare presentations, gather and collate materials and ensure timely preparation and dissemination of information regarding a wide variety of on/off site meetings and special projects
• Support and facilitate internal and external communications effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of organizational leadership experience
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential subject matter.
• Builds trust and rapport quickly
• Relates well to people of varying backgrounds.
• Strong organization skills and ability to focus on multiple projects.
• Shares information in an open and transparent fashion.
• Is tactful and respectful.
• Addresses conflicts constructively
• Maintains positive public image
• Establishes and maintains a sophisticated network of contacts
• Creates and communicates strategic objectives and action plans
• Monitors progress
• Holds self and others accountable for completing tasks on schedule
• Ability to carry out detailed and complex instructions; ability to interact with coworkers and public by telephone and in person as a member of a team to provide services to customers, both external and internal; ability to perform a variety of duties and to prioritize tasks to meet organizational needs
• Ability to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts and/or technical information and guidance in person, by telephone, email, fax or correspondence.
• Driving required to visit BGCTX facilities
• Skills essential for successful communications include speaking, writing and reading comprehension.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Exposure to outdoor weather conditions (hot and cold)
Ability to stand/sit for extended periods
Exposure to periods of loud or excessive noises
We offer 80% employer-paid medical and dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, 10 days PTO in first year, 11 paid holidays,
403B retirement plan with up to 6% matching
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts