Unit Director, Part Time, High School Sites
- - AYPYN High Schools
- 25.00 hr.
- Part Time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated Clubhouse with the primary concern for programs and service delivery to include; youth supervision, training staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish Unit programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Mentor youth as part of the BGC Youth Development Strategy
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment, and supplies are maintained
- Stimulate the growth and development of the local club organization
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Unit overall programs, services, and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation
- Manage Unit financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets and control expenditures against budget
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups. Ensure compliance with organizational policies
- Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for Unit staff and volunteers.
- Conduct regular staff meetings
- Develop partnerships with parents, schools, community leaders and organizations
- Maintain and operate the local club organization in accordance with the published requirements and standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community
- Maintain local Club website for regular changes and monthly calendar reporting
- Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment through organizational wide policies and procedures
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments
- Assume other duties as assigned
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club management staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintain regular contact with members as needed with regards to discipline, and to provide advice and/or counseling.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university preferred or a combination of education and experience
- Considerable knowledge of; the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan, and coordinate operation; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facility management; and budget management
- Must get CPR and First Aid Certification within first six months of employment
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, and delegation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Standing/Sitting for extended periods of time
- Exposure to periods of loud or excessive noise
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees assigned to this job.
TITLE: Unit Director
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Management Professional
REPORTS TO: Director Teen Services (or as assigned)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts