Program Director - Fulltime, Middle School Site
- - AYPYN Middle Schools
- 15.00 hr.
- Full Time
- Health, dental, vision, disability, paid time off, retirement plan
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated Clubhouse, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts and Physical Education. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs and program staff.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
o Plan and oversee the administration of designated Clubhouse programs a and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
o Establish Clubhouse program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission
o Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals
o Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s)
o Mentor youth as part of the BGC Youth Development Strategy
o Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members
Program Development and Implementation
o Establish and maintain Clubhouse program goals and Clubhouse setting that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition
o Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity
o Control Clubhouse program and activity expenditures within approved budget
o Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff
o Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdown of daily participation figures, notable achievements and problems/issues
o Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers
Marketing and Public Relations
• Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information approved by UD/Branch Director
• All media releases must be approved by the CEO
• May oversee special programs and/or events and or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary
• May consult with parents concerning members and branch issues.
• May handle accounting of funds as assigned
• Assume other duties as assigned by the Unit/Branch Director
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
• High School Diploma and combination of education and experience.
• Considerable knowledge of; the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations
• Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
• Must get CPR and First Aid Certification within first six months of employment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Exposure to outdoor weather conditions (hot and cold)
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Exposure to periods of loud or excessive noises
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts