- - Nolanville Unit
- Full Time
- Health, dental, vision, disability, paid time off, retirement plan
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated Clubhouse, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts and Physical Education. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs and program staff.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Clubhouse programs a and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
- Establish Clubhouse program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s)
- Mentor youth as part of the BGC Youth Development Strategy
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain Clubhouse program goals and Clubhouse setting that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity
- Control Clubhouse program and activity expenditures within approved budget
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdown of daily participation figures, notable achievements and problems/issues
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases
- All media releases must be approved by the DCPO and Unit/Branch Director
- May oversee special programs and/or events and or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary
- May consult with parents concerning members and branch issues.
- May handle accounting of funds as assigned
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Unit/Branch Director
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university or combination of education and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of; the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to mange multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
- Must get CPR and First Aid Certification within first six months of employment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Exposure to periods of loud or excessive noises
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees assigned to this job.
TITLE: Program Director
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
REPORTS TO: UD/BD
STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts