Youth Development Professional
- - Georgetown Branch
- Part Time
Plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate activities provided within a specific program area or Clubhouse.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
o Create an environment that facilitates the achievements of Youth Development Outcomes:
o Promote and stimulate program participation
o Register new members and participate in their club orientation process
o Provide guidance and role modeling to members
o Ensure proper supervision and safety of club members
o Mentor youth as part of the BGC Youth Development Strategy
Program Development and Implementation
o Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors
o Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the unit at all time
o Prepare periodic activity reports
Marketing and Public Relations
• Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases
• All media releases must be approved by the DCPO and Unit/Branch Director
• Ensure a productive work environment by participation in Unit staff meetings and training courses as assigned
• May oversee special programs and/or events and or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary
• May consult with parents concerning member and branch issues
• May handle accounting of funds as assigned
• And other duties as assigned
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
• High school diploma or GED
• Experience in working with children
• Knowledge of youth development
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Exposure to outdoor weather conditions (hot or cold)
• Standing/Sitting for extended periods of time
• Exposure to periods of loud or excessive noises
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts